Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Inspiration

When pitching my ideas, I realize I have always forgotten to mention my inspiration for the project. I blame it on the nerves (although overcoming it a few years before, I have no idea why it has come to haunt me again, now). I shall therefore dedicate this whole post to Tan Sri P.Ramlee, Malaysia's iconic actor/director/singer/songwriter in the 50's. Young and Old, his name is common among Malaysians.


One of people's all time favorites are the Bujang Lapok series, translated as Dowdy Bachelors. There are 4 installments of the Bujang Lapok series. Although with the 3 same main actors, they are not direct sequels and there are no canonical references to the events in its predecessors.

Bujang Lapok (Dowdy Bachelors)
Pendekar Bujang Lapok (The Three Bachelors as Warriors)
Ali Baba Bujang Lapok (based loosely on Ali Baba from 1001 Arabian Nights)
Seniman Bujang Lapok (The Three Bachelors as Actors)






Thus the song that inspired me for my film and which would also be used as the background music


0 comments:

Post a Comment